Personalized Sandhills Safari tours immerse you in unspoiled nature of the Nebraska Sandhills. Learn firsthand why this impressive grassland is significant globally and cherished locally.
- Tours can be customized to last from one hour to a full day.
- Standard tours are limited to five people to give you the best, most personal experience.
- Larger group tours are available with advance notice.
- Switzer Ranch can design a tour to meet your interests -- whether it's plant biology, insects, or simply lovely views.
- Sandhills Safari: $25/hr per person
- Sandhills Sundowner: $40/hr per person (includes 1 hr. tour, spirits and appetizers while watching the sunset)
A word from your guide, Sarah Sortum:
"As Director of Planning for the Switzer Ranch and Nature Reserve, I have enjoyed learning the intricacies of the Sandhills ecoregion. I love to share my knowledge of the history, culture, and unique plants and animals that make this place so interesting. But my hope for the guests of Sandhill Safari tours is for people to experience the hills as I did as a child growing up here; with a mix of adventure, wonder, amazement, as well as a serene peace that the hills offer. It's my favorite place in the world and I love to share it."